Wednesday, March 19, 2014

McCalls 6785 twins! aka another cowl neck top

My daughter continues to wear her velour cowl neck top frequently. Makes this sewing mama very happy! Though now that temperature are rising here, I have a feeling it will have to be packed up with the winter clothing soon. But in the meantime, Anna's good friend has liked it so much that she wanted one as well.

With some fabric wrangling (instead of cutting out a one piece cowl part, I cut two pieces out to sew together), I had just enough to make a second identical top for Anna's buddy. Once the top was completed, they requested matching skirts as well. And fortunately, it was a day where I had the time to fulfill their request along with fabric both girls liked for skirts. The style of skirt and top together aren't my favorite but they both seemed very happy, so who am I to argue?

Just hamming it up for the camera! These two are really best buddies.



4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Cute! It's neat to see best buddies dressed alike!

UrbanRecyclist Micki S said...

So cute! They are so lucky to have you sew up such sweet twin outfit!

Annie Case Hanks said...

Precious! Who wouldn't love such a cute and comfy look top!?!

Vanessa said...

I just nominated you for a Liebster award! See my blog for more details, I hope you will participate!

LinkWithin

 

3 Stitch Studio | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012