Thursday, February 27, 2014

Boneyard Shawl knitted with alpaca & silk yarn


Finished a knitting project that's been lugged around here and there for a few months now - the free Boneyard Shawl pattern. It's another really popular project (not quite 15,000 strong but still very popular) on Ravelry. So easy to knit and I used every possible inch of my 4 skeins of Debbie Bliss Andes yarn (a soft alpaca & silk blend). You can't tell from the photos, but this yarn has such a pretty lustre to it that is so pretty.




You can get a feel from the photos about the smaller size of this shawl. If I would have had more, I would have loved to make this a bit larger but at this size it's still great for keeping my neck warm (especially with the alpaca in it!) and wearing cowl like. And you know I love my cowls!

Have a happy knitting weekend!


2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Very pretty! One day I'm gonna get back to knitting...one day. Your knitting projects inspire me, they are so pretty.

Beth said...

The Alpaca and silk sound so yummy!

LinkWithin

 

3 Stitch Studio | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012